Safety management principles can be acquired by various means. However, the best way to understand safety management principles is to go to a formal SMS course that will provide you training on safety management principles.
If you don't have the time or money to attend an SMS course on safety management principles, you can watch the videos in this series of Web based aviation safety management software videos. By watching these safety management software videos, you will acquire a very good understanding of safety management principles.
Below is the second video of a twelve part series. Each video is less than 5 minutes. The first video of this series is on the "Introduction to Safety Management" page.
This next video covers the principles of safety management systems using SMS Pro. Below is a short outline of this safety management systems video.
Overview of Aviation Safety Management System
- Based on ICAO, FAA, IS-BAO, Transport Canada SMS Requirements
- ICAO Four Pillars is basis of safety software menu
- Safety Policy
- Risk Management
- Safety Assurance
- Safety Promotion
- Customizable, Web based aviation safety software
- Customized Safety Reports based on your data
- Collection of aviation safety tools to save you time and money
- Issue Reporting, hazard reporting documentation
- Quality management system integrated into aviation safety management system
- Can manage safety and quality issues
- Security is based on customizable roles
- Non-punitive reporting policy
- Reporting policy
Part 2 Safety Management System (SMS) - Aviation SMS for Airports & Airlines