When civil aviation authorities visit operators, safety managers and top level executives become concerned. After all, their certificate (permission to operate) is at risk of being revoked when serious irregularities are found.
With ICAO pressure on governments to adopt and enforce formal safety management systems, the need for robust Web based Solutions SMS arose. Web technology has become relatively stable in most parts of the world during the past five years. This assurance in Web stability allowed the adoption of SMS solutions that are Web based.
SMS Pro™ was the first SMS solution on the market that followed the ICAO SMS requirements. Any Web solution for SMS had to do more than simply allow issues reporting or hazard reporting. The solution had to allow managers to access data securely regardless of whether they were in their home office or out flying and away for weeks at a time.
As solutions for SMS, the ability to send emails and have all relevant documentation reside in an integrated safety management system was ideal. When auditors call, the data is all in one location and very easy to access.
During the last video, we demonstrated SMS Pro™ as an integral, Web based, air safety management tool that affords considerable power to an airline or airport.
- What follow is the outline for this next video:
- Custom Inspection Form Creator for Audits, Inspections & Evaluations
- Also Create Custom Gap Analysis
- Use Existing Gap Analysis Models as Templates
- Gap Analysis Tool
- Several Gap Analysis Models, IS-BAO, ICAO, FAA, Transport Canada
- Email & Printed Reports of Gap Analysis Results
- Gap Analysis can be Worked as a Team Project
- Gap Analysis Reports Demonstrate Continuous Improvement
- Issue Validation to Ensure Corrective/Preventive Actions Remain Effective
Part 10 Safety Management System (SMS) - Aviation SMS for Airports & Airlines